Fire Suppression System
Fire Suppression System Supplier in Malaysia
At VIC Engineering, we understand how crucial it is to have a reliable fire suppression system that will keep your people and property safe. We offer a comprehensive range of products that can effectively protect any type of property against fires.
Frequently Asked Questions on Fire Suppression Systems
What is a fire suppression system?
A fire suppression system is a collection of equipment, devices, and techniques designed to quickly detect and extinguish fires, limiting their spread and minimising potential damage to property and threats to human life.
How does a fire suppression system work?
The exact operation of a fire suppression system can vary depending on the type of system, but here is a general overview of how it typically works:
- When a fire is detected, the sensors send signals to the control panel.
- This triggers alarms to alert occupants of the building or facility, allowing them to evacuate to safety.
- Simultaneously with the alarm activation or after a short delay, the control panel initiates the release of the suppression agent.
- The agent works by suppressing the chemical reactions that sustain the fire, cooling the flames, or displacing oxygen to extinguish the fire.
- Once the fire is suppressed, the control panel may shut off the flow of the suppression agent, cease the alarm signals, and activate any necessary ventilation systems to remove smoke from the area.
- After a fire event, the fire suppression system needs to be reset, and any used or depleted fire suppression agents must be replaced.
What are the types of fire suppression systems?
There are several types of fire suppression systems available, each designed for specific applications and fire hazards. Here are some commonly used types of fire suppression systems:
- Traditional Water Sprinkler Systems.
- Pressurised Inert Gases Systems.
- Wet Chemical Foam Systems.
- Water Mist Systems.
What is the difference between a sprinkler system and a fire suppression system?
Both fire suppression systems and fire sprinkler systems are designed to help extinguish fires, but they work in different ways and are used in different types of buildings or situations.
Sprinkler systems are perhaps the most common type of fire protection systems. They use water to suppress a blaze before it can spread throughout a building or structure and cause extensive destruction or even loss of life.
In contrast, fire suppression systems do not rely on water for their operation. They make use of chemicals that blanket the affected area with an agent designed to cool down heat temperatures at extremely high speeds to prevent further combustion.
When is a fire suppression system required?
A fire suppression system is required when sprinkler systems may not be the most effective way to protect a building from fires. For example, areas hosting electrical equipment demand a different type of protection to prevent damage caused by water.
Is fire suppression safe for humans?
Many modern fire suppression systems use non-toxic suppression agents that are safe for humans when discharged in appropriate concentrations. For example, chemical agent systems like FM-200 are designed to be environmentally friendly and have low toxicity levels.